Is your Check Engine Light on? If so, you need to get your car or truck looked at. Kwik Kar Marsh can help diagnose what is going on and offers same day auto repair. The top ten check engine light car repairs are listed below.
1. Oxygen Sensor – 02 sensors make modern electronic fuel injection and emission control possible. They help determine, in real time, if the air to fuel ratio of a combustion engine is rich or lean.
2. Gas Cap – A loose gas cap can trigger your Check Engine Light. Simply tighten the cap or replace the gas cap if it is no longer working properly.
3. Catalytic Converter – If your catalytic converter fails, then this signals other problems with your vehicle. A catalytic converter is a vehicle emissions control device that converts toxic pollutants in exhaust gas to less toxic pollutants by catalyzing a redox reaction.
4. Spark Plugs or Wires – A bad spark plug causes your engine to misfire and your car’s gas mileage will decline.
5. Mass Air Flow Sensor – The mass air flow sensor measures the air in your engine and calculates how much fuel to inject.
6. Ignition Coil – A faulty ignition coil will cause your Check Engine Light to come on. Over time, ignition coils fail due to extreme temperature and usage. If you ignition coil fails, it can cause your catalytic converter to fail as well.
7. Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs – Ignition coils use your car battery’s current to ignite the spark plugs. Often times, these can fail at the same time.
8. Car Battery and Charging System – Extreme temperatures can cause your battery to fail. Kwik Kar Marsh will test your battery and alternator for free.
9. Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve – A faulty exhaust gas recirculation valve will cause rough idling, engine hesitation and misfires.
10. Vacuum Hoses – Hoses develop cracks over time which cause leaks. When there is a leak the system that traps the vapors from evaporating gas in the fuel system malfunctions.
Kwik Kar Marsh Lube and Auto Repair is located at 1049 Marsh Ln, Carrollton, Texas 75006.